After years as a skeptic, my husband was secretly becoming Catholic. He knew how against religion I was (generally and Catholicism specifically) that rather than make a bold ultimatum-like claim, he played the long game, introducing me to the faith in ways that he knew I would most likely be receptive to.
Can you tell that it worked?
So in this episode, Pat and I talk generally about tactics to help evangelize your spouse, as well as answer several questions submitted by a listener who is struggling to respond to them from a spouse who is hostile towards Catholicism.
You can listen to the episode here or listen to it on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play or iHeartRadio.
=>Also, we mentioned several helpful evangelization resources from including:
- Bishop Robert Barron’s Catholicism series
- The Case for Jesus by Brant Pitre
- The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel
- The Bible Is a Catholic Book by Jimmy Akin
- Five Proofs of the Existence of God by Ed Feser
- The Resurrection of the Son of God by N.T. Wright
- You can find a link to the podcast episode we did together “Why We’re Still Catholic” in light of Church scandal in the intro paragraph of this blog post.
Have a question or topic for us to cover in an upcoming podcast episode? Submit it at: https://forms.gle/s2xGLPVje8287jcp9
Like what you hear? Then don’t forget to subscribe and leave a nice review for The Catholic Mama podcast. That way you won’t miss an episode and you’ll also help spread this little ministry.
Need help we answering some basic questions about Christianity and Catholicism? Then be sure and grab The Catholic Mama’s How to Talk to Your Kids about God, available for FREE here.