Welcome to The Catholic Mama!
Well, hi there! I’m glad you made it here!
But where is “here” exactly? Why, The Catholic Mama, of course! A blog devoted to helping moms become the servants and shepherds of their Catholic households, to do so with God’s great design, Jesus’s perfect example, and the fire of the Holy Spirit guiding us as we go.
I wasn’t always Catholic (you can read more about my conversion story HERE). I was baptized on Easter Vigil 2018 and confirmed at Pentecost 2019.
Since then, I, like a transplant who’s just moved to a new city, am voraciously exploring this new terrain – God’s goodness, His Word, and how I can transform myself and my family with God.
I invite you to scroll down the page to listen to the most recent podcast episodes and read my latest blog posts.
And then feel free to take a look around The Catholic Mama, and you’ll find ways to…
- Explore and explain the Catholic faith through logic and reason (and how you can defend and evangelize your faith in a time and culture where you’re made to feel inferior for it).
- Enjoy the good food that Jesus’s bounty has given us.
- Teach our children about the world around us through literature, art, life skills, science and math, history, and the Catholic faith (yes! Science and religion are compatible). As well, we’ll talk about how to manage the household to maximize your sanity.
I’m excited you’re here and I hope that in being here, I can support your own faith journey.
- Instagram @thecatholicmama
- The Catholic Mama podcast
- My FREE ebook: “How to Talk to Your Kids about God”
Get Your FREE Copy of "How to Talk to Your Kids about God"!
Learn how to talk to your kids about God and answer the tough questions. Plus, you'll get exclusive content from me every so often.
The internet – both in its wide open spaces and its darkest corners – is a weird and wild place. And the world we’re living
When I recorded this podcast with Jenn Lormand of TightenYourTinkler.com, a few months ago, I was just starting my second trimester with pregnancy number seven
I’ll be honest, prior to my own miscarriage and feelings of barrenness last year, I didn’t give much thought to fertility. I have been blessed
A friend recently passed along some great questions going around in a discussion group she participates in, asking if my husband Pat or I might
Can you name the cardinal virtues? Define them? It’s an area I still don’t have a firm grasp on so it was great to have
The last time I was out of the country was way back in 2008. On a whim, I booked a trip to Ireland, wanting to