Welcome to The Catholic Mama!
Well, hi there! I’m glad you made it here!
But where is “here” exactly? Why, The Catholic Mama, of course! A blog devoted to helping moms become the servants and shepherds of their Catholic households, to do so with God’s great design, Jesus’s perfect example, and the fire of the Holy Spirit guiding us as we go.
I wasn’t always Catholic (you can read more about my conversion story HERE), and actually I’m in the midst of the RCIA process. I was baptized on Easter Vigil 2018 with hopes of being confirmed at Pentecost 2019.
In the meantime, I, like a transplant who’s just moved to a new city, am voraciously exploring this new terrain – God’s goodness, His Word, and how I can transform myself and my family with God.
Take a look around The Catholic Mama, and you’ll find ways I’m doing just that, by –
- Exploring and explaining the Catholic faith through logic and reason (and how you can defend and evangelize your faith in a time and culture where you’re made to feel inferior for it).
- Enjoying the good food that Jesus’s bounty has given us.
- Teaching our children about the world around us through literature, art, life skills, science and math, history, and the Catholic faith (yes! Science and religion are compatible). As well, we’ll talk about how to manage the household to maximize your sanity.
- Treating our own bodies as the physical temples of the Holy Spirit and giving them the respect they deserve through health and fitness.
I’m excited you’re here and I hope that in being here, I can support your own faith journey.
- Instagram @thecatholicmama
- The Catholic Mama podcast
- My FREE ebook: “How to Talk to Your Kids about God”
Get Your FREE Copy of “How to Talk to Your Kids about God”!
Learn how to talk to your kids about God and answer the tough questions. Plus, you’ll get exclusive content from me every so often.
The definition of marriage in a contemporary popular context is quite different than what the Catholic Church teaches about it. And even then, many practicing
Mary joins me on a bonus episode of The Catholic Mama podcast to do a quickfire QnA on motherhood, raising boys, homeschooling, being a doula,
Baking bread is one of those fundamental human skills that nourishes us both body and soul – the manual work, the delicious carb-y goodness, the
Catholicism, with its ancient teachings, rich symbolism, and fascinating history, makes a perfect backdrop for fiction, especially for the fantasy/science fiction/adventure genre. Just look at
Genie Shaw of BarefootAbbey.com joined me recently on The Catholic Mama podcast to talk about ways to add sacred music, quiet, and liturgical living into
In Episode 103 of The Catholic Mama podcast, I sat down with my husband Pat to discuss the purpose of prayer and types of prayer